About LP Gas Training
In terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Pressure Equipment Regulations, only Registered LP Gas Installers can install and maintain LP Gas installations. The LPGas Safety Association promotes safety in the industry and to this end presents a variety of training courses to cover all needs.
Mandated by the Department of Labour, the LPGas Safety Association ensures that “all” LPGas Installers in this Industry, are competent and work to the required South African National Standards, to ensure they work safety and ensure their installations are safe.
We offer theoretical training courses structured to ensure full and complete understanding of the requirements of the relevant SANS 10087 part 1 to 10, which deal with The handling, storage, distribution and maintenance of liquefied petroleum gas in domestic, commercial, and industrial installations. This included Auto-gas conversion and maintenance.
The following steps will assist you in booking for training:
- Go to the downloads link
- Download the Course Entry Requirements Form
• Download the training Application Form (PDF Format)
• Ensure you meet the requirements
• View the training calendar (Schedule)
• Choose a date
• Fill-In and complete the Application Form
• Fax or email the completed form to us
• We shall confirm your booking
- Make payment (Details are on the application form)
• Please note our terms & conditions
All Course fees are contained in the Course Application Form. Please download the form and complete the information as required. All fees are subject to change. Terms & Conditions apply.
Training related enquiries and applications must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification as an authorised gas installer as required by the Pressure Equipment Regulations
- In order to Qualify to be registered as an LP Gas Installer through SAQCCGas, the following process applies:
- On Passing the course with an aggregate of 80%. A certificate will be issued.
- Then the installer will be required to complete practical work under mentorship, in order to meet the SAQCCGas requirements for registration. (Please refer to the SAQCCGas registration requirements)
- Completion of the required number of gas installations undertaken under mentorship, with relevant proof that you comply with all SANS requirements, must be submitted to LPGSASA, installer registrations Department.
- All relevant proof is then submitted to the authorised certification body SAQCCGas for registration as an authorised gas installer. For further information visit: www.saqccgas.co.za